Facebook and EssilorLuxottica have teamed up to unveil Ray-Ban Stories smartglasses, which start at $299 USD and will be available for purchase in 20 different style combinations online as well as in select retail stores in the US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy and the UK. Its two integrated 5-megapixel cameras allow you to capture moments in a unique first-person perspective, whether it be taking photos or up to 30-second videos. Read more for two videos, including an early hands-on review.
Capture moments using either the capture button or hands-free with Facebook Assistant voice commands. For privacy reasons, a hard-wired capture LED illuminates to let people know when you’re snapping a photo or taking video. Plus, open-ear speakers are and Ray-Ban Stories’ three-microphone audio array are built-in, delivering richer voice as well as sound transmission for calls or videos. In a noisy environment? Stories uses beamforming technology and a background noise suppression algorithm to enhance your calling experience. These smartglasses pair with the new Facebook View app, enabling you to share stories and memories instantly with followers.
- Feel the Pull - Instantly attach your smartphone to DJI OM 4 and enjoy perfect filming on the go. The magnetic phone clamp and ring holder enable you to effortlessly capture whenever inspiration strikes.
- 3-Axis Stabilization - Never post a shaky video again. Even with an external lens added, DJI OM 4’s powerful 3-axis motor keeps your smartphone steady and your video smooth.
- Reimagine What's Possible - Innovative features like DynamicZoom use advanced algorithms, so all you have to do is tap and walk. Try out the mind-boggling “Hitchcock effect,” a creative zoom shot that delivers a Hollywood feel with minimal effort.
- Go Hands-free - Gesture Control makes taking a selfie or a group photo with OM 4 simple. Snapping a pic or starting a video has never been this convenient.
- ActiveTrack 3.0 - Following subjects is a walk in the park. This upgraded version recognizes adults, children, and pets with higher accuracy. You can even fine-tune your image composition with the joystick.
We are incredibly proud to bring Ray-Ban Stories to life with our partners at Facebook. This is a milestone product that proves consumers don’t have to choose between technology and fashion – they can live in the moment and stay connected while wearing their favorite style of Ray-Ban’s. Our unique approach, combining decades of superior craftsmanship, a dedicated spirit of innovation and a commitment to delivering only cutting edge technology has resulted in a wearable that people will truly love wearing,” said Rocco Basilico, Chief Wearables Officer at EssilorLuxottica.