Photo credit: AI Artists
Unlike other artists, Refik Anadol transforms pools of data into mesmerizing art. That’s right, when Anadol comes across an interesting data sets, they’re processed into swirling visualizations of how computers see the world by using artificial intelligence-powered machine learning algorithms. These techniques are used to filter and / or expand the raw material, which is then shown on large screens or projected onto walls and entire buildings. Read more for a video and additional information.
In the video above, we see Machine Hallucination, a 360-degree video installation comprised of 10-million photos of New York. These images were processed by machine learning to group photos and morph between them, resulting in flickering images of the city as recorded by many different people.
- Countless hours of high quality printing with the most reliable low-cost 3D printer
- Quickly and easily make your 1st print out of the box with completely pre-assembled printer, included 0.5kg spool of filament and clear setup instructions. Maximum build depth (inches): 9 Maximum build height (inches): 5.9 Maximum build width (inches): 5.5
- Far superior safety compared to competition with fully enclosed design, non-heated build plate, PLA-only printing and 3rd party UL safety approval
- Compatibility with brand new Dremel Digilab 3D Slicer based on cura, the industry leading open source 3D printing software and gcode files so you can use your favorite slicer
- Accompanied by unparalleled local Dremel customer service support and industry’s best 1-year warranty. Extruder temperature: Up to 230°C /397°F
When we found fire, we cooked with it, we created communities; with the same technology we kill each other or destroy. Clearly AI is a discovery of humanity that has the potential to make communities, or destroy each other,” said Anadol.