Relativity Space officially unveils Terran R, the world’s first fully reusable, entirely 3D-printed launch vehicle. This two-stage, 216-foot-tall rocket has a 16-foot diameter as well as a 5-meter payload fairing and will be entirely reusable, capable of launching up to 20,000 kg (44,092 lb) to low Earth orbit (LEO). The milestone was achieved using a proprietary 3D printing process with software-driven manufacturing, exotic materials and unique design geometries that are not possible in traditional manufacturing. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Terran R rocket will be equipped with seven 3D-printed Aeon R rocket engines capable of 302,000 lb. thrust each, while its upper stage houses a single Aeon Vac engine. Beginning in 2024, the rocket wil launch from Launch Complex 16, the company’s site at Cape Canaveral, in hopes of eventually providing both government as well as commercial customers affordable access to space and beyond.
- Faster Printing Speed: MARS 2 3D printer with 2K Monochrome LCD brings 2 seconds per layer printing speed which is 3 times faster than Mars or Mars Pro.
- Consistent Printing and Improved part clarity: Upgraded COB structured light source offer uniform and bright light emission, ensuring uniform print quality across the entire build platform, work with 2K mono LCD can greatly improve the printing accuracy and details.
- Solidly Machine Body: ELEGOO Mars 2 3D resin printer built by CNC Machining aluminum alloy body makes it strong and durable. Even if used for a long time, it can still maintain high printing accuracy.
- Convenient and Easy to Use: ELEGOO Mars 2 comes with the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicing Software. It takes only 1 minute to slice 30Mb .stl format files while other software may spends up to 10minutes. You can start printing within 4 minutes after assembly.
- ELEGOO OFFICIAL SERVICES: We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD. If you have any questions regarding product operation or software please feel free to contact us.
From our founding days in Y Combinator just five years ago, we planned on 3D printing Terran 1 and then Terran R – a 20X larger fully reusable rocket – on our Factory of the Future platform. Today we are one step closer to this goal. Together with our first rocket Terran 1, our second product, Terran R, will continue to take advantage of Relativity’s disruptive approach to 3D printing – reduced part count, improved speed of innovation, flexibility, and reliability – to bring to market the next generation of launch vehicles,” said Tim Ellis, CEO and co-founder of Relativity.