The LAFD just got a big upgrade in the way of the Robotic Systems 3, a firefighting robot capable of shooting 2,500=gallons of water or foam per minute. If necessary, it can even be used to knock down walls and roofs. It can be remotely operated with a belly pack controller that provides high-definition video feedback for the ultimate in maneuverability when faced with difficult conditions. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Its modular design and wider stance enables firefighters to add additional equipment if necessary, including a plow assembly as well as a positive pressure ventilation (PPV) ventilator system. The robot is fabricated using industrial-grade steel reinforced rubber tracks, enabling it to navigate rugged terrain and withstand exposure to the extreme elements.
- Builders of all ages will love building and coding their fully-functional robot to walk, talk, and even play games or complete tasks! This educational STEM robot toy makes engineering fun for everyone who builds it.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 is built with 601 pieces and includes the intelligent EV3 Brick, 3 servo motors, plus color, touch and IR sensors. Connect with your smart device and download the free EV3 programmer app to control the robot!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 comes with instructions for 17 different robotic designs, each with its own unique features. Builders can program their STEM robots to talk, walk, grab, shoot targets and more! Kids will love this creative and educational toy!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building.The perfect tech toy if you want to build your own robot and explore endless learning activities
- The main robot, SPIK3R, is over 16” high, 14” long and 15” wide.
I can afford to lose one of these wonderful machines, I cannot afford to lose a firefighter You can turn the water cannon vertical and turn it into its own sprinkler system. It may make us rethink some of the ways we tackle fires when it’s available,” said LAFD Chief Ralph Terrazas.