Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Samsung is always trying to innovate, whether it be with smartphones, tablets, or even home appliances. A Samsung Display patent that was recently published by the KIPO (Korean Intellectual Property Office) on October 6, 2020 showcases a double folding smartphone, possibly called the Galaxy Z Dual Fold. Put simply, it has an outward folding display and when the devices is fully unfolded, an extra wide display is created, thus increasing screen surface by about 85%. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Nothing has yet been confirmed, but if these patent sketches were turned into a real device, it could have a hole-punch selfie camera, volume button, on / off switch, a SIM compartment, a 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speakers and a USB-C connection. Once its hinge is secured, the lower screen can be used as a touchscreen keyboard of sorts, while the upper display shows the content.
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
- Single Take AI: Capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Hires Camera Zoom: Capture hires images as if you’re 3 feet away, from 100 feet away; Whether you want to zoom in close from afar or magnify details nearby, the new 30x Space Zoom gives you impressive power and clarity
- Bright Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video in Bright Night mode and create high-quality content in low light no flash needed
- Super Fast Charging: Charge up quicker with Super Fast Charge so you can keep moving with more juice; Give your buds or Galaxy buds a boost of power with Wireless PowerShare right from Galaxy S20 Plus 5G