Designed by Ping-Hsun ‘penk’ Chen and Ruha Cheng, the open source RUHAcam digital camera is powered by a Raspberry Pi Zero W computer connected to a Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera module, which boasts a 12.3MP Sony IMX477 sensor. Other features include a 2.2-inch TFT display that functions as a viewfinder, a 2,000mAg Li-Pi battery, and a 3D-printed case inspired by retro-style SLR cameras. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Yes, this is a fully-functional digital camera, and the image quality rivals that of modern smartphones when used with the right lens, or in this case, a 16mm lens ‘penk’ and Cheng attached to it for a few sample photos. The Github page has all the instructions you need to build your own or use it to make an even more advanced version. More information here.
- Raspberry Pi 4B complete desktop kit includes everything you need to get started with the Raspberry Pi ecosystem - Just add a monitor
- Creadit card size latest Raspberry Pi 4 B single board computer features 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU (4GB RAM), faster networking, more powerful performance than the earlier models
- 16GB Micro SD Card with Pre-loaded Raspberry Pi OS. Class 10 speed quickly loads your operating system and is great for storing data, having fun with coding, web browsing, gaming and more
- Ergonomic design USB Mouse and Keyboard set for comfortable use and complete desktop experiences. The USB Keyboards features a built in USB hub adding 3 additional USB 2.0 ports to your Raspberry Pi
- High-quality protective case, 15.3W US power supply, 2 micro HDMI cable and official beginner's guide. Easily build your robot brains, smart home hub, media centre, networked AI core, factory controller, and much more