Russia successfully completed the first test of its Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile on Monday. The defense ministry said that the missile was fired from the Admiral Gorshkov, a warship located in the White Sea, and traveled at approximately Mach 7 (seven times the speed of sound) before hitting a ground target on the coastline of the Barents Sea over 350 kilometers (217-miles) away. Read more for the video and additional information.
Eventually, Tsirkon may be able to hit Mach 9 and boast a range of over 1,000 kilomters (600-miles). The country will equip its submarines and surface ships with the Tsirkon missile system, with this being just one of an array of new hypersonic weapons currently in development. These weapons can allegedly hit almost any point in the world.
- FUN BATTLE GAME: "Fires" using cannon or machine gun turrets. Aim & fire at the other tank! 4 LED Indicators for your "life" Set of 2 Remote-Controlled Battle Tanks operate in wide-range 2.4GHz frequencies so there is no interference. Tanks hit each other with infrared frequency.
- MANY FUNCTIONS: Turret Turns Left/Right; Cannon Moves Up and Down. Realistic engine and cannon fire sounds (engine sound can be turned off) and lights
- MULTIPLAYER GAME: Set of 2 Remote-Controlled Battle Tanks operate in wide-range 2.4GHz frequencies so there is no interference. Tanks hit each other with infrared frequency.
- LARGE SIZE: 1:14 Scale. Tank dimensions: 12.5 x 4 x 4.5 inches. RC distance is up to 50 feet, Infrared control distance is up to 10 feet
- READY TO PLAY: All batteries included. Charge time is up to 4 hours and play time is up to 45 minutes. Made of high-quality, certified-safe materials.
The tactical and technical characteristics of the Tsirkon missile were confirmed during the tests,” said Russia’s defense ministry.