Samsung Galaxy Buds are great true wireless earbuds, but not when they’re broken. What if there was a way to transform them (or any other pair) into fully-functional wireless Bluetooth speakers? Inventor Matthew Perks has just the project for you. Simply put, you’ll have to first disassemble the earbuds, solder on a battery and speaker wires before connecting it to an audio amp. Read more to see exactly how he did it and for additional information.
The audio amp powers the mid-range, treble speaker driver, and a subwoofer. These outputs to the amp have also been filtered to match the speakers, while power is supplied by a set of four 18650 cells that can easily be picked up at just about any electronics store. Now the housing is probably the most difficult, as Perks handcrafted CNC machined wood enclosures.
- Exactly what you want to hear. Galaxy Buds+ are the perfect fitting earbuds to isolate you from distracting noises, so you can stay focused on what you want. And if you’d like to filter in some of the outside world to be more in-tune with your surroundings, you can switch on Ambient Aware2. Hear flight annozments, oncoming traffic or your order number while still enjoying your favorite playlist or podcast.
- 22 hours of serious sound. Get up to 11 hours of nonstop music on a single charge, then pop your Galaxy Buds+ in the wireless charging case and get nearly 11 more. Forgot to charge them the night before, No worries. 3 minutes of charging gives you one hour of play time, so you have enough juice for your commute or workout.
- Your voice, loud and clear. Ensure you’re heard clearly. A dedicated internal and two external microphones pick up your voice and isolate it from outside noises. When you’re on a call, your voice comes through richly and confidently, even in noisy locations.
- Android and iOS compatible. Pair with smart devices via Bluetooth. Use the Galaxy Wearable app on Android and Galaxy Buds+ app on iOS to make the most of your earphones.
- Included Components: 3 Size Eargel