Photo credit: Reddit
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s battery issues has caused the company to issue a massive recall, but not before yet another explosion. An Australian business man was staying in a hotel, charging his Note 7 before bed, and woke up to a charred handset. “My brand new Note 7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging. Phone completely fried, I can’t eject the SIM tray to retrieve my SIM or the SD card. I was using original charger and cable if you are wondering. Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger while doing that too,” said the man. Continue reading for pictures of the damage.
“Samsung told me this is the first case in Australia. have gone to Samsung store and they gave me a loan device J1, and have been promised that they will take care of the hotel damages bill,” adds the man.