Samsung’s 970 EVO SSD 500GB is based on the M.2 form factor standard and with the latest PCIe Gen 3×4 lane interface, which means it delivers unparalleled performance for processing large volumes of data, including 3D, 4K graphics work, high-end games and data analytics, all for $59 shipped, today only, originally $99.99. Featuring incredible read/write speeds of 3,500/2,500 MB/s, or up to 32% faster writes than the previous generation. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V NAND Technology, the 970 EVO SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe M.2 2280) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- Breakthrough read write speeds: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB/s and 2,500MB/s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Read
- Performance optimization and data security: Seamless cloning and file transfers with Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- Superior heat dissipation: Samsung’s dynamic thermal guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops. Secure Encryption
- 5-year limited warranty: 5-year limited warranty or 600 TBW (Terabytes Written)
The 970 EVO can fit up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, thus greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. The free Samsung Magician software helps you keep an eye on your drive with a suite of user-friendly tools, including monitoring drive health / speed, as well as boosting performance.
Samsung has led the NVMe SSD industry since its inception, and the company continues to define the latest standards of consumer storage with unprecedented performance of the 970 PRO and EVO SSDs. The 970 series sets a new bar in all aspects for the NVMe SSD market with groundbreaking performance, superior reliability and best-in-class capacity,” said Un-Soo Kim, senior vice president of Brand Product Marketing, Memory Business at Samsung Electronics.