Did you come across an excerpt of this documentary recently on social media? Well, here’s the backstory behind this anthill excavation. It’s from “Ants! Natures Secret Power” and shows scientists excavating an anthill that was previously inhabited a colony of grass-cutter ants. A total of 10-tons of cement was pumped into the abandoned anthill over the span of 3-days, and a few more weeks were required to uncover the megalopolis. Read more for the video and additional information.
This once heavily populated anti city featured subterranean highways, paths and even gardens. However, this is probably something you won’t find in your backyard, as this one was found in Brazil and extended to approximately 26-feet below the surface. Each one of these tiny insects repeatedly carried loads of material, weighing far more than itself, a distance of what would be equal to just over half a mile in human terms, to build this megalopolis.
- This creepy LEGO Haunted House (10273) model provides hours of enjoyment for anyone looking to unwind with a new project. Build the spooky horror house then explore its impressive features and delightful details
- This building kit is designed for adults but it includes lots of playful features, such as a free-fall ride, haunted doors and a cursed painting
- If you appreciate beautiful details, you'll love displaying your haunted house model. Upgrade the Haunted House with the LEGO Powered Up components (available separately) to control the elevator via the app
- Ideal for ghost hunters, thrill seekers and adult LEGO fans alike, this Haunted House set makes a great birthday gift for your ghost-loving mom, dad, husband, wife, partner or friend and also makes a fun Halloween gift
- This dark and spooky haunted manor measures over 26.5” (68cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep, making it a challenging construction kit for adults and a great brick-built model to display