SodaStream made a big carbonated splash for their 2020 Super Bowl commercial, and it features “science guy” Bill Nye, alongside Alyssa Carson, a teenage astronaut hopeful. For those who don’t know, Alyssa Carson trained with the Advanced PoSSUM (Polar Suborbital Science in the Upper Mesosphere) Academy at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. This program gives students hands-on experience researching the upper atmosphere and helps them practice technical human spaceflight operations. Read more for the video and additional information.
Unfortunately, this is a fictional story if you haven’t guessed already. However, by 2025, SodaStream aims to eliminate 67 billion single-use bottles on this planet, so they won’t have to go looking for a Planet B if human activity one day makes Earth unlivable.
- Make fresh sparkling water at the push of a button
- Includes: sparkling water maker, 60L Co2 cylinder, and 1 liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottle
- Energy efficient, powered by Co2 cylinder. Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water
- Compatible with all Soda Stream flavors and Soda Stream carbonation bottles (BPA free and better for the planet) except the Soda Stream glass carafe
- Flash Point: 99 degrees_celsius
- Make fresh sparkling water at the push of a button.
- Includes: sparkling water maker, (2) 60L Co2 cylinders, (3) 1 liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottles, and (2) 40 ml zero calorie fruit drops of Lime & Orange.
- Energy efficient, powered by Co2 cylinder. Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water.
- Easy-to-use snap-lock bottle insertion for quick carbonation.
- Compatible with all SodaStream flavors and SodaStream carbonation bottles (BPA free and better for the planet) except the SodaStream glass carafe.
It was really cool to be able to connect to their [SodaStream’s] mission as a company and how they’re so environmentally conscious,” said Carson said about her experience.