Photo credit: SOM | slashcube GmbH
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) unveiled what could be the first permanent human village on the moon, which will be showcased at this year’s Venice Architecture Biennale in May. It’s touted as a self-sustaining, long-term lunar outpost situated along the rim of Shackleton Crater on the Moon’s south pole, a location that receives nearly continuous sunlight for most of the lunar year. This means residents will be able to harvest solar power and use the shadowed interior of the crater to hold water ice for consumption. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The habitats themselves would be multi-level cylindrical clusters linked using pressurized paths amid fields of solar collectors. Each one measures 13,772 cubic feet with approximately 1,119 square feet of usable space within for four-to-six occupants. They would be manufactured using materials sourced from the Moon itself in addition to 3D printing technologies. Featuring a rigid metal frame filled with a durable inflatable outer shell, window-clad vertical external framing strips and 3D-printed shells from local regolith to protect the modules from radiation, fluctuations in temperature, as well as dust.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!