This Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble remake make look like an official SEGA release, but it’s just a fan project. It was originally released on the SEGA Game Gear in 1994 and is a side-scrolling platformer just like the previous Sonic games, but also follows Tails. Players can choose to control either Sonic or Tails through multiple zones, with each one consisting of three levels, with the last one containing a boss fight.
Unlike the original 8-bit version, this entire remake features 16-bit-style graphics, complete with new stage layouts / enemies, 3D special stages, SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive accurate colors, and most importantly, third party gamepad support. It’s currently only available for Windows right now, but the developer did say that an Android version is coming soon. Download it now here. Now if only Sonic the Hedgehog could make deliveries, he’d surely be faster than the Destinus hypersonic cargo plane.
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
What if Sonic Triple Trouble had been originally released on the Sega Genesis / MegaDrive, after Sonic 3 & Knuckles? This is a fan game re-imagining of the Game Gear game Sonic Triple Trouble in the style of the Genesis Sonic classics,” said the developer.