Photo credit: Sonin Hybrid
First responders constantly deal with life or death situations that require immediate assistance, but sometimes, that just isn’t possible, whether due to the location or other factors. Atlanta-based Sonin Hybrid is developing a Recruit Drone that aims to keep first responders safe and extend their missions like they never could have before. It achieves this by using patent-pending gasoline and battery-powered system to recharge batteries while in flight. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The Recruit also comes equipped with a high-tech payload that includes 30X optical/12X digital zoom 4K video camera with fixed and mobile target tracking, a forward-looking infrared (FLiR) camera with night vision, PA speakers, spotlight, and additional sensors for first responder missions. When all of this is combined with its carbon fiber body, lightweight airframe, and Sonin’s hybrid system, it can fly longer and faster than traditional drones
- 【UP YOUR GAME】: The Mavic Air 2 camera drone takes power and portability to the next level. It combines a powerful camera with intelligent shooting modes for stunning results. Push your imagination to its limits because aerial photography has never been this easy.
- 【NEXT-LEVEL CONTENT】: Capture impressive 48MP photos with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor while the 3-axis gimbal provides 4K/60fps video. The secret to incredible HDR video is a high-performance Quad Bayer image sensor. OcuSync 2.0 has a video transmission distance of up to 6.2mi / 10 km and can also deliver 1080p FHD resolution livestream directly from the drone’s camera.
- 【IMPROVED FLIGHT】: An impressive flight time of up to 34 minutes allows you to pull off epic, fast-paced shots. Obstacle sensing in three directions makes it extra convenient for beginners and improves safety for your Mavic Air 2.
- 【INTELLIGENT TRACKING】: Mavic Air 2 features intuitive shooting functions that make aerial photography easier than ever. Spotlight 2.0 keeps the camera locked on a subject while you fly freely. ActiveTrack 3.0 keeps subjects centered. POI 3.0 tracks moving subjects like people and vehicles.
- 【APP COMPATIBILITY】: The DJI Fly app requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0, or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone (11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6), iPad Pro (9.7’’), iPad Air 2 (9.7’’), iPad mini 4 (8’’), iPad Pro (10.5’’), iPad Pro 2018 11’’, iPad Pro 12.9’’, Samsung Galaxy (S20, S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note10+, Note9, Note8), Huawei (P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6, Sony Xpeial 1.
While we were in the process of finalizing the design of our hybrid power system for drones, we realized that we could get the most range by designing our own airframe. The next question was: for who? There were plenty of commercial drones out there, but very few were specifically manufactured for first responders. Well before the onset of the pandemic, we decided that police and firefighters needed this technology the most, and immediately set out to build the Recruit,” said Curtis Foster, founder of Sonin Hybrid.