Sony Electronics unveiled their newest premium direct view LED, the modular Crystal LED C-series (ZRD-C12A/C15A) with high contrast and B-series (ZRD-B12A/B15A) with high brightness. Both of them are available in two pixel pitch sizes (P1.26mm and P1.58mm) to suit different installation needs, whether it be corporate showrooms, lobbies or productions. These display systems have “X1 for Crystal LED”, a high-performance image quality processor that fully incorporates the LED control technology developed for the company’s pioneering Crystal LED. Read more for two videos, one of which is a bonus, and additional information.
Each display consists of modular, seamless and bezel-free tiles that can be scaled to accommodate a range of sizes, layouts and resolutions. Thanks to its light weight and streamlined design, these displays can be installed in various configurations, such as wall-mounted or in a curved arrangement. The Crystal LED B-series, which offers high brightness (1,800 cd/m2), is what filmmakers will be able to use to recreate a Mandalorian-style virtual set due to its an anti-reflection coating with a matte finish. Both will be available this summer, with pricing yet to be announced.
- SERIES-INSPIRED SOUNDS: Touch the top of The Child Animatronic Edition’s head to activate sound effects inspired by The Mandalorian, including happy and excited, giggles and babbles, tired and sleeping, and Force effects sounds
- ANIMATED TOY: Features motorized movements, including a head that moves up and down, ears that move back and forth, eyes that open and close, and more
- FORCE ACTIVATION: Boys and girls ages 4 and up will love patting The Child Animatronic Edition’s head 3 times for Force activation, in which the animatronic toy will raise its arm, close its eyes, and sigh, as if using the Force
- FORCE NAP: Pretending to channel the Force takes a whole lot of energy and requires a lot of rest. Lay The Child toy down and it will close its eyes and take a “Force nap”
- STYLED AFTER THE DISNEY PLUS SERIES: Inspired by the fan-favorite character from The Mandalorian, this 7.2-inch-tall Star Wars toy by Hasbro includes a removable Mandalorian pendant necklace and premium soft goods robe
Sony has been creating unforgettable images and engaging experiences that empower and stimulate creators’ curiosity for over 60 years. As we continually strive to get closer to our customers and solve their challenges, we’ve implemented the features and benefits that they value most in a direct view microLED display. The ease of installation, accessibility, flexibility and a lower total cost of ownership can further expand spatial expression– all with the outstanding picture quality proven by the original Crystal LED,” said Theresa Alesso, Pro Division President, Sony Electronics.