The Sony ZV-1 is a new point-and-shoot digital camera designed for content creators and vloggers. Unlike other models in the RX100-series of cameras, this one boasts a side flip-out 3.0″ touchscreen for front-facing recording, along with a directional 3-capsule microphone and a Multi Interface Shoe for attaching a variety of accessories. Pre-order page here. Read more for two videos and additional information.
You can also attach an external microphone via its 3.5mm port, but should you not have one, the much-improved built-in mic can be fitted with the included wind screen that slides into the accessory shoe. As for optics, it sports a 20.1MP 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and 24-70mmi F1.8-2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* large-aperture lens creating stunning background bokeh (background blur) effects. Sony’s leading-edge autofocus system.
- Fast Hybrid AF, Real Time Eye-AF3 and Real-time AF tracking
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product showcase setting transitions focus from face to object
- Face priority AE keeps faces bright in backlit or dim condition
- What's in the box: Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1), Micro USB cable, wind screen, wind screen adaptor, strap
The ZV-1 also offers the latest-generation BIONZ X image processor, complete with front-end LSI, to deliver high resolution as well as low noise for excellent image quality. There are a host of video features as well,including UHD 4K recording at 30p and in-body image stabilization.