NASA and SpaceX have determined that the weather is permittable to launch two astronauts to the International Space Station, marking the first crewed mission for Elon Musk’s company as well as the first launch of NASA astronauts – Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley – from American soil since the retirement of the space shuttle program in 2011. Read more for the livestream and additional information.
Several hours ahead the planned launch, Hurley and Behnken geared up for the launch as they spoke with Bridenstine and SpaceX founder and CEO Elon Musk. After bidding goodbye to their families, they were transported to the launchpad in Tesla Model X electric SUVs. Once arriving, they entered the elevator that whisked them the top of the launch structure and walked across a connecting arm, before the two were strapped into the Crew Dragon capsule. *Note – NASA scrubbed the launch due to weather, has been rescheduled to 3:22pm EST on Saturday (May 30).
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3-inch (9cm) high, 9-inch (23cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (7cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1-inch (4cm) long and 1-inch (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1-inch (3cm) high and 1-inch (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1-inch (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play