Designer Joe Harmon from North Carolina spent 9 years and 20,000-hours building Splinter, the world’s first wooden supercar after being inspired by a World War II airplane called Havilland Mosquito, nicknamed “Wooden Wonder.” To be more specific, the vehicle is 90% wood and began as a graduate project for school. It actually contains 20 different types of wood, including cherry, walnut, maple, birch, and ash. Read more for a video and additional information.
The woven strips of cherry veneer with a balsa core for the body and a laminated wood veneer monocoque prevent Splinter from accidentally catching fire. This mid-engine supercar is powered by a small-block 7.0-liter V8 engine generating over 650 hp to the rear wheels. Joe hops that this project will eventually “lead to new ideas and perceptions of wood.” There’s no word yet on if we’ll see a limited production run of this work of art.
- A representation of the famous Ducati Panigale V4 R to build, explore and display; LEGO Technic fans and motorcycle enthusiasts will love this stunning building challenge
- Build your own Ducati Panigale V4 R to gain a unique insight into the features and functions that make up this iconic motorcycle; Also includes a 2-speed gear-box – a first for LEGO Technic motorcycles
- Recreate the thrill of owning a Ducati Panigale V4 R, with front and rear suspension for realistic model movement; The classic red color scheme brings the motorcycle to life, with true Italian flair
- This is a be great gift choice and a super challenge for LEGO Technic fans aged 10+ who will get a thrill from seeing how a motorcycle works
- This eye-catching model (42107) looks stunning on display; Its dimensions have been designed to give a true representation of the real-life model, Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Technic Ducati Panigale V4 R (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Use small Tweezers and three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!