Photo credit: Epic Cardboard Props
In case you forgot, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi features a second Death Star that was still under construction as it orbits the forest moon of the planet Endor. Besides being larger, it also fixed a few issues found in its predecessor, so the Rebel Alliance’s only hope is to destroy it prior to its completion. For starters, its superlaser is more advanced as it can be fired every few minutes instead of needing 24 hours to recharge, while improved targeting computers could track smaller targets such as capital ships. Read more to see a cardboard recreation by Epic Cardboard Props.
The unfinished superweapon had been protected by a planetary shield projector deployed on the forest moon of Endor, but this was taken out by a ground assault team led by Han Solo with the help of the native Ewoks. Its destruction came at the hands of rebel pilots Wedge Antilles and Lando Calrissian who flew into the reactor core and striking the main reactor with concussion missiles, setting off a chain reaction that destroyed the battle station.
- Fans can build their own collectible model of the lovable D-O droid from the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker movie, reproducing authentic details in LEGO style to create a fantastic build-and-display piece
- The model has posable antennas and its head tilts and rotates 360 degrees just like the Star Wars character; It comes with a built-in display stand, plus an information sign and D-O minifigure to delight collectors
- This D-O droid build-and-display model is new for May 2020 and makes a delightful addition to any Star Wars fan or LEGO builder’s collection
- This cool, 519-piece LEGO Star Wars droid building toy is great fun for creative Star Wars fans aged 10+, and makes the best birthday gift, holiday present or special occasion surprise
- The buildable D-O droid measures 10.5” (27cm) high, 4” (10cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep; It doesn't take up too much space but will make a big impression displayed at home or in the office