Bandai America expands its Tamagotchi franchise with the launch of the Tamagotchi Pix, which is the first to feature a built-in camera that allows you to take pictures with your virtual pet and interact with your character in a completely new way. This means that it’s not only about feeding your digital pet, but now you can cook for it, have food delivered, explore the real world to meet other Tamagotchi friends and add pictures of the adventures with an integrated social feed. Read more for a video providing a first look at the device and additional information.
More importantly, how you raise your Tamagotchi character will affect gameplay in a whole new way, complete with the addition of personal rooms and gameplay that dictates your Tamagotchi character’s future profession when they go back to their planet. Best of all, no internet connection is required, so you can take it wherever you go. Available this summer, priced at $59.99.
- Tamagotchi On is the next generation of the interactive virtual pet. Take care of your My Tama : feed it, clean up after it, help it make friends, get a TamaPet, go shopping, travel and more
- Marry to build your family tree! When your Tamagotchi character gets married, your next generation character (your My Tama) will be born and will have features from both of their parents! Are the eyes from mom or dad? What about the body shape? What will it look like?
- The Wonder Garden theme comes with an exclusive Land, 2 exclusive characters, different games and new home screen, room, accessories, items, meals and snacks! It also has it's own themed graphic design faceplate and turquoise shell
- Play the Library and Dressmaker games to win Gotchi points to buy food, items and accessories. Connect to your friend’s Tamagotchi On device and go on playdates, give gifts, travel together and marry. Works with all themes including Fairy, Magic and Wonder Garden
- Connect to the Tamagotchi On App to see other unique Tamagotchi characters, get married, meet up with friends, play a game for Gotchi points and other gifts to bring back to your device. Needs 2-AAA batteries, not included. Age 6+
With over 82M units sold globally and almost 25 years in the market, Tamagotchi is a brand that is truly known across generations. After the 2019 launch of Tamagotchi On, we saw a whole new generation of kids fall in love with Tamagotchi and were excited to continue to expand their gameplay with Tamagotchi Pix,” said Tara Badie, Bandai America Senior Director Brand Strategy.