Photo credit: Yakusha Design
Cliffside homes are nothing new, but how many are actually suspended right on the edge overlooking the ocean? Meet “The Air” cabin by Yakusha Design. The entire living space boasts transparent floor-to-ceiling windows that provide unobstructed views, while the interior has just enough space for the essentials, including a bed, kitchette, as well as a seating area for guests. Read more for additional pictures.
Yes, there’s even a shower and bathroom shielded with privacy smartglass that becomes clear when voltage is applied. How does it work? When the power is switched off, the liquid crystal molecules are randomly oriented and scatter incidental light, rendering the panel opaque. When an electric current is applied, these molecules line up and the incidental light passes through, thus making the privacy glass become clear.
- Beach House interior features a cash register, floor lamp, radio and bottled beverages
- Beach House exterior features a pier, bucket, starfish, blue sea, tan sand, green grass, brown decking, seating and a table
- Includes a built seagull, 2 surfboards and a paddle for paddleboarding
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a summer shack with an outdoor swimming pool or a summer cottage by the sea
- Beach Hut measures over 5" (13cm) high, 3" (10cm) deep and 10" (26cm) wide