Our editors have compiled a list of the “Top 5 Strangest MacBook [Pro] Mods/Projects” for your enjoyment. Which ones are your favorites? (Thanks, Zipped)
5. Biometric MacBook Pro Mod
Fresh out of the box blogspot user, edahc, used his superior Dremel and soldering skills to install a biometric fingerprint scanner on the right side of his MacBook
4. MacBook Pro Disco Keyboard
Alan used an iTunes visualizer plugin to make his MacBook Pro keyboard backlight flicker to the music.
Using an iTunes visualizer plugin from stewreo.de/keyboarddisco.html. I dimmed the backlight on the screen for better visibility of the keyboard, but the plugin can also flash the screen backlight with the music
3. SmackBook Pro
Using SmackBook Pro, MacBook owners will be able to fully utilize its built-in motion sensor — for the feel of a multi-display setup.
Either way, Erling Ellingsen has ushered in a brave new world of computing – a world where you can literally smack your computer to make it do something productive
2. Cooking Breakfast On a MacBook
Sagags shows us how to put your overheating MacBook to good use by cooking some eggs and warming a cup of coffee.
1. Get a macbook and turn it over so the screens over the edge of your desk/counter (shown in picture)
2. Run your favorite process intensive program to get it to heat up
3. Some tinfoil on uper left part of the laptops underside (the hottest part of the macbook
4. Put your cup of coffee on the power supply to keep it warm
5. Cook your egg on the tinfoil, it will take longer than normal
6. Enjoy your breakfast
7. Now you know the secret of the overheating notebook
If you’re a Star Wars fan, check out MacSaber — software that uses the MacBook’s motion sensor to turn it “into a Jedi weapon almost worthy of taking on the real thing by making authentic lightsaber sound effects.” Download here.
It senses speed for the lightsaber movement sounds and acceleration for different levels of striking sounds