Izzet Kocak, a farmer and cattle breeder in Turkey, has decided to think outside the box to get more milk production from his cows. At first, he tried playing classical music, but when that didn’t work, virtual reality headsets came into the picture. These aren’t used for gaming, but rather green pastures and sunny skies. This is being tested on two cows, and so far, things appear to be working out well. Read more for a video and additional information.
This experiment is turning out so good that he’s already ordered 10 more virtual reality headsets for the rest of his herd after the initial two subjects started making not only more milk, but also higher quality. These specialized virtual reality headsets from a Moscow-based company also come equipped with speakers that pump out relaxing music.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device
- Premium Display - Catch every detail with a stunning display that features 50% more pixels than the original Quest
Virtual reality was first [attempted] by a business in Russia, [and] we saw this by chance on social media. [So], we decided to try it, too. For now, we put it on 2 of our cows and observed the increase in milk production. We are currently in the first trial phase, for the second trial stage we have ordered 10 more virtual reality glasses. If we are successful with them, we will order goggles for our entire herd,” said the farmer.