It’s not uncommon for stores to flood in a typhoon, but seeing online gamers refusing to leave an internet cafe when the water is up to their waist is an entirely different story. Sio Samson’s internet cafe is located in Cainta, Rizal province, and he recorded this strange scene on Thursday night after attempting to get the boys to leave as the typhoon battered the region. His main concerns were that they could either be washed away by the deluge or be severely hurt by an electric shock. Read more for the video and additional information.
Fortunately, immediately after the stopped recording, the boys left without causing a scene and nobody was hurt. All of the electricity cables in the cafe were located above water and plugged into power sockets above the water line, so no hardware was damaged. Typhoon Fabian managed to cause damage across parts of the Philippines where homes were flooded, thousands of people displaced and agricultural land as well as crops destroyed.
- More Power. The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo and 6 cores
- Supercharger: The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics is a blazing-fast supercharger for today’s most popular games
- More Frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 120Hz 15.6" Full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin
- Ready To Connect: Fully loaded with ample connectivity including a webcam, wireless-AC, Bluetooth 5, 2X USB Type-A, 2X Type-C ports, and more
We didn’t know the flood water would rise that day so when I saw them, I immediately took action and told them that I have to transfer the equipment to a higher place. After that video, they also stopped and left, none of us was hurt,” said internet cafe owner Sio Samson.