Ubisoft has just released a new Far Cry 6 PC overview trailer that shows just how incredible the game looks with ray-tracing turned on, but you’ll need a powerful computer to do so. More specifically, it requires at least an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Intel i7-10700K CPU and an AMD RX 6800 or NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU for smooth ray-tracing gameplay at 4K and 30 frames per second. With that turned off, an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X or Intel i7-9700 processor will do just fine to run it at 1440p and 60 frames per second. Read more for the video and additional information.
For those wondering what the basic requirements are, you’ll need an AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz CPU and AMD RX 460 4GB or Nvidia GTX 960 4GB GPU. Unlike the game console release, the PC version of Far Cry 6 supports uncapped framerates, widescreen, multi-monitor setups, in-depth customization options, AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution, and even in-game benchmarking. It’s set to launch on October 7.
- Dominate the Game: Great performance meets long battery life with the Intel Core i7-11800H Processor - up to 4.6GHz, 8 cores, 16 threads, 24MB Intel Smart Cache
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti (4GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning architecture with new Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors support DirectX 12 Ultimate for the ultimate gaming performance
- Visual Intensity: Explore game worlds in Full HD detail on the 17.3" widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and 80% screen-to-body/16:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Specifications: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz memory (2 DDR4 Slots Total, Maximum 32GB); 1TB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots/1 x 2.5" Hard Drive Bay Available)
- Prioritize Your Gameplay: Killer DoubleShot Pro with Ethernet E2600 and Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 lets you use Wi-Fi and Ethernet at the same time, and have total control over priority traffic to maximize speed, throughput, and control
As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza. You’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog,” said Ubisoft.