Before Unreal Engine, creating photorealistic digital humans took countless hours. Thanks to MetaHuman Creator, a cloud-streamed app, you can now create digital humans in real-time in under an hour, without compromising on quality. It accomplishes this by accessing a vast library of human appearance and motion, thus allowing you to create convincing new characters through intuitive workflows that let you craft the result you want. Read more for a two videos and additional information.
After making adjustments, MetaHuman Creator blends between actual examples in the library in a data-efficient way. Users are able to choose a starting point by selecting a number of preset faces to contribute to a custom human from the diverse range in the database. There are around 30 hairstyles that use Unreal Engine’s strand-based hair, or select from hair cards for lower-end platforms. There’s also various clothing to choose from, as well as 18 differently proportioned body types.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Up to 4.5GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit 144Hz Refresh Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Backlit Keyboard | Acer CoolBoost Technology with Twin Fans and Quad Exhaust Ports Design
Once you have your asset, you can animate it using performance capture tools—you can use Unreal Engine’s Live Link Face iOS app, and we’re also currently working with vendors on providing support for ARKit, DI4D, Digital Domain, Dynamixyz, Faceware, JALI, Speech Graphics, and Cubic Motion solutions—or keyframe it manually. Animations created for one MetaHuman will run on any other MetaHuman, enabling you to reuse work across projects,” said the company.