Photo credit: RG123
Ever wonder what Buzz Aldrin saw when Neil Armstrong captured this famous photograph during the Apollo 11 mission? If so, then one visual effects artist also wanted to see the result, so the lunar vista reflected in his helmet was ‘unwrapped’, resulting in a 360-degree astronaut’s-eye panoramic view of the Moon. To be more specific, this image was taken in July, 1969 when Aldrin stood near the leg of the Eagle lunar module. Read more for the full image and additional information.
If you look closely at the original photograph, Buzz Aldrin’s shadow stretches out in front of him in the reflection of his visor and the lunar module shines brightly in the harsh light of the unfiltered Sun. Armstrong can be seen standoing with the Hasselblad camera held at chest height and the Earth is slightly visible at the top of the visor.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
I took this famous image of Buzz Aldrin on the Moon, zoomed in to his visor, and because it’s essentially a mirror ball I was able to ‘unwrap’ it to this 2D image. Then I opened that in the Google Street View app and can see what [Aldrin] saw,” said the artist.