For those who don’t know, several sets submitted to the annual LEGO Ideas contest will eventually become a reality, and this year, they received a record 35 submissions. One of them that easily achieved 10,000 supporters is this Vincent van Gogh: The Starry Night set. It re-imagines the original painting in a 3D scene and places strong emphasis on the artist’s iconic brush strokes as well as color choices. Clips and brackets are used to recreate the swirling clouds, while plates stack to form the hillsides and bushes. Read more for additional pictures and information.
The curved pieces come together to form the cypress tree, but the creator’s favorite part is the inclined plate stack on the right, capturing the angled brush strokes within the moon-lit cloud. In addition to the main pieces, this set also includes a paint brush, painting palette, easel and a “Starry Night” mini-painting on printed tile. More information here.
- Build and play or display this LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) shipwreck island model; The island can also be split in half and rearranged, revealing buried pirate treasure
- This set has 8 minifigures including Captain Redbeard, Lady Anchor, Robin Loot and twins Port and Starboard for pirate role-play action, plus a shark, pig, 2 parrots, 3 crabs, 2 frogs and 2 skeleton figures
- Rooms including a captain's cabin, kitchen, tavern, bedroom and jail cell are filled with accessories; The shipwreck also rebuilds into a ship inspired by the 1989 LEGO model, Captain Redbeard’s Black Seas Barracuda
- This 2,545-piece pirate building set makes a great birthday or holiday gift for pirate and LEGO enthusiasts; It will give you a stress-relieving break from the daily grind – and hours of refreshing, creative fun
- This cool pirate shipwreck island model measures over 23” (59cm) high, 25” (64cm) wide and 12” (32cm) deep; It's sure to make a big impression whether displayed at home or as an office desk piece
I love putting the minifigure before the 3D scenery. It is like watching the artist work on the painting in real time.
Part count of this set: 1552. 10’000 supporters can make this project a real LEGO set,” said its creator.