To see Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night in person, you’ll have to visit the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. This oil on canvas painting by Dutch Post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh was painted in June 1889 and shows the view from the east-facing window of his asylum room at Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, just before sunrise. One fan of this artwork decided to recreate it with LEGO and managed to get 10,000 votes for their set to become a reality. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Created by Truman Cheng, this set basically re-imagines the original painting in a 3D scene, showcasing the artist’s iconic brush strokes and color choice. A Vincent van Gogh minifigure, complete with paint brush, painting palette, easel and even “Starry Night” mini-painting on printed tile, is included. To form the swirling clouds, the brick artist had to make clever use of clips and brackets, while the curved parts become the cypress tree.
- This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- This is no Ghostbusters toy; It’s a car kit for adults with working steering, trapdoor with ghost trap, an extending gunner seat, plus a moving ghost sniffer and other paranormal detection equipment
- With pieces like a curved windshield, modular steering wheel and brick with Ghostbusters deco, this authentically detailed set will look great in your home or office
- Ideal for Ghostbusters fans and LEGO lovers alike, this ECTO-1 model car gives hours of enjoyment and a building experience that will appeal to adults
- Measuring over 8” (22.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (16.5cm) wide, ECTO-1 is packed with authentic details that you'll be proud to display
A huge congratulations to Truman Cheng (aka legotruman) as his Vincent van Gogh: The Starry Night recreation has been selected as one of the next LEGO Ideas sets. Truman’s fan concept of one of the most famous paintings and painters illustrates a whole new way to think about LEGO art, which is truly remarkable,” said LEGO.