In the near future, Virgin Galactic will begin transporting passengers to the edge of space in its SpaceShipTwo vehicles, with the first being VSS Unity. Will it be a first class experience? Well, the company revealed the interior, designed in collaboration with London design agency, Seymourpowell, complete with individually sized seats that were created using the highest-grade aluminum and carbon-fiber manufacturing techniques. Read more for a video and additional information.
Astronaut comfort is the utmost importance so the seats are made from engineered foam and technical fabrics. Under Armour developed the astronaut spacesuits as well as the fabric technology featured in the cabin seats. Each andevery seat has been engineered to match the dynamism of the flight, while a pilot-controlled recline mechanism, optimally positions astronauts to manage G- forces on boost and re-entry.
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3” (9cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1” (4cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1” (3cm) high and 1” (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1” (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play
In just my second week as Virgin Galactic’s CEO, it is with great pride that I can lead our talented teams in revealing this latest milestone in our journey to space. The spaceship cabin interior is in many ways the design centrepiece of the astronaut journey and what has been created will both facilitate and elevate a uniquely profound and transformational journey for the thousands who will fly. The fascination with spaceflight is universal and Virgin Galactic is here to satisfy it. We are particularly proud to be able to share this latest milestone with millions around the world, particularly during these unusual times. We hope the new app, with cutting-edge AR technology will help bring the dream of space one step closer for space enthusiasts everywhere,” said Michael Colglazier, CEO of Virgin Galactic.