Photo credit: Let’s Go Digital
Vivo Mobile Communication is attempting to bridge the gap between smartphone, tablets and laptops, or at least according to a patent that was uncovered recently. It was filed with the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) for a ‘terminal device’ and published on November 11, 2021. The sketches appear to show a tri-fold smartphone with a light-sensitive projection keyboard. Read more to see the patent sketch, a video and additional pictures.
When in the closed state, this device appears to be just a large smartphone, but when completely unfolded, a tablet-like device is revealed. At the push of a button, a light-sensitive projection keyboard can be activated, thanks to optical signal transceivers integrated at the bottom on each side. There’s no word yet on pricing, but rumors are circulating on a possible early 2022 release.
- EXPANSIVE SCREEN: See more and do more with the ultimate folding mobile phone screen that puts a super slim tablet right in your pocket
- NEARLY INVISIBLE CAMERA: Take in an incredible uninterrupted view with a true edge-to-edge viewing experience thanks to our first-ever Under Display Camera
- 120HZ AMOLED 2X SCREEN: Everything looks brilliant on this big, beautiful, clear display, offering a mesmerizing and dynamic viewing experience
- MULTIPLE WINDOWS GET MORE DONE: Start working smarter not harder with three multi-windows that allow you to schedule, edit, and build presentations in a snap — or take notes with the S Pen
- HYPER FAST SPEED: Live life in the fast lane with built-in 5G connectivity and hyper-fast processing power