Photo credit: The Sun
Princeton University physicists used quantum mechanics to derive a mathematical loophole that they believe shows the possibility of creating a wormhole large enough for humans and their spacecraft. Math was used to theorize these conditions and even imagined what such an Einstein-Rosen wormhole would look like. Read more for a video and additional information.
Wormholes could act as a gateway to connect two points in space and time with each other, or in other words, a theoretical method of folding them so two places of vast distances can be joined together. Astronauts aboard a spacecraft could travel through a wormhole with only a small amount of time passing for them but those on Earth may have experienced thousands of years.
- Powerful reflector telescope: The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope is a powerful reflector telescope for astronomy beginners. It features fully-coated glass optics, a sturdy and lightweight frame, two eyepieces, a StarPointer red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod.
- High-quality 130mm optics: The heart of the system is a 130mm glass optic objective lens. The AstroMaster mount features two slow-motion control knobs that allow you to make precision adjustments. Resolution (Rayleigh)- 1.07 arc seconds
- Quick setup & lightweight frame: This telescope for kids and adults to be used together features a lightweight frame manual German Equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Setup is quick and easy, with no tools required for assembly.
- Included accessories: We’ve included two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a travel tripod, and a StarPointer red dot finderscope. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the world’s No 1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
From the outside they resemble intermediate mass charged black holes. Their big size comes from demanding that a human traveler can survive the tidal forces.They take a very short proper time to traverse, but a long time as seen from the outside. The traveler acquires a very large boost factor, γ, as it goes through the center of the wormhole. We have argued this most clearly for the case that the wormhole exists in a cold and flat ambient space,” said the researchers.