Yes, displays that you can actually see through are becoming a thing, starting with Xiaomi’s 55-inch Mi TV LUX OLED Transparent Edition. Touted as the world’s first mass-produced transparent TV, this $7,200 display goes on sale in China on August 16. Featuring 150000:1 static contrast ratio, infinite dynamic contrast ratio, a 10-bit FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) panel that supports 93% of DCI-P3 color gamut, 120Hz refresh rate, and MEMC technology. Read more for a video and additional information.
The TV is powered by a semi-custom MediaTek 9650 chipset with over 20 optimization algorithms, running on the MIUI for TV 3.0 operating system. Other features includes Dolby Atmos, AOD (Always-on Display) technology, and a round base that houses the I/O ports. When the display is turned on, its images appear to hover in mid-air.
- SMART TV WITH UNIVERSAL GUIDE: Simple on-screen Guide is an easy way to find streaming content and live TV shows
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOTS: Powered by Quantum dots, Samsung’s 4K QLED TV offers over a billion shades of brilliant color and 100% color volume for exceptional depth of detail that will draw you in to the picture for the best 4K TV experience
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Intelligently powered processor instantly upscales content to 4K for sharp detail and refined color
- QUANTUM HDR 4X: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range powered by HDR10+ delivers the lightest to darkest colors, scene by scene, for amazing picture realism
- AMBIENT MODE: Customizes and complements your living space by turning a blank screen of this big screen TV into enticing visuals including décor, info, photos and artwork