ZAGG Brands Mophie and InvisibleShield have launched UV smartphone sanitiziers designed to kill 99.99% of the most common surface bacteria1 found on mobile devices and other frequently touched items. In addition to keepin things sanitized, the Mophie UV Sanitizer features a Qi-enabled wireless charging lid so users can simultaneously charge their mobile device while sanitizing other personal items such as keys, credit cards, earbuds, and more. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Both the Mophie UV Sanitizer ($79.99) and InvisibleShield UV Sanitizer ($59.99) are compatible with phone and household items up to 6.9 inches in length without washing or using harsh chemicals, but only the former has wireless charging capabilities. They use UV-C light technology to kill 99.99% of the most common surface bacteria found on household items in about five minutes. Just place your items in the sanitizer, press a button, and the noiseless cleaning cycle begins, while a progress indicator shows how much time remains in the cleaning cycle.
- PORTABLE PROTECTION: Keep your phone clean by utilizing patented pop-up technology and UV-C LED sanitizing. After use conveniently collapse flat to transport between your purse, backpack, suitcase, gym bag and more to kill up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses
- FULL COVERAGE: With 2 UV-C Germicidal LED's at 70 cycles per charge, completely surround your phone for optimal sanitizing in just 30 seconds per side. Lighting position ensures maximum coverage and effectiveness
- SAFE SANITIZING: Free of mercury and chemicals with an advanced safety lock to prevent UV exposure. Sanitize and disinfect both sides of your item in just 1 minute with rechargeable LED's that last for thousands of uses
- MULTI-USE FUNCTIONALITY: Designed to fit a variety of phone sizes including larger models like Google Pixel 3 and Samsung Galaxy S. A vacation and travel essential or great for use at home or the office
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: 1 HoMedics UV-Clean Portable Phone Sanitizer
We want to help our consumers stay protected against the harmful bacteria they encounter on a daily basis. Phones go everywhere with us, and easily become a source of bacteria and germs. Sanitizing your phone can also be cumbersome, requiring cleaning products not always recommended by device manufacturers, and not always covering a phone’s hard-to-reach areas. The mophie and InvisibleShield UV Sanitizers were created to help solve this consumer pain point,” said Brad Bell, senior vice president, global marketing for ZAGG Brands.