Powered by the 488-sourced 3.0L twin-turbocharged V8 engine generating 700 horsepower, mated to a reinforced gearbox with a carbon fiber clutch, the limited edition Ferrari 488 GT Modificata is designed to be a track-only supercar. The modifications don’t stop there, as the revamped aerodynamic elements shift the vehicle’s pressure center forward, thus generating more downforce (2,204-pounds at 142 mph) up front without increasing drag. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The suspension comes from the 488 GTE, while Ferrari sourced the anti-lock braking system from the 488 GT3. Similar to a real race car, you get onboard data acquisition, which enables you to download data directly onto a USB drive for review later. You also get a high-resolution rearview camera, second passenger seat, and tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) as standard equipment. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but considering the 488 GT3, introduced in 2016, had an MSRP of $614,400, expect this to cost slightly more.
- Build, race and display the Ferrari F40 Competizione with a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, plus interchangeable car spoilers and hoods to turn the Competizione into the classic F40 road car!
- Includes a Ferrari racing driver minifigure with a helmet
- Ferrari F40 Competizione car toy measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- 198 pieces – Racing car toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione 75890 fast car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative building
The 488 GT Modificata will be admitted to Club Competizioni GT events, an initiative that is carving out an increasingly prominent place among Ferrari’s track activities. In 2021, customers will have the chance to participate in five events on tracks that bring out both the handling and dynamic qualities of the cars, such as the Virginia International Raceway, Monza, Watkins Glen, Suzuka and Nürburgring, as well as the Finali Mondiali,” said the company.