Photo credit: USJ
It’s official, Super Nintendo World is opening slightly earlier than expected on February 4th, 2021 at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. At that time, there will be two main attractions open, a Mario Kart roller coaster of sorts and Yoshi’s Adventure. The former is located in Bowser’s Castle and uses some kind of augmented reality setup with projection mapping technology. That’s right, riders will have to wear special headsets shaped like Mario’s red cap. Read more for three videos, additional pictures and information.
The vehicles in the Mario Kart attraction boast steering wheels and let others race against each other, all on a specialized track. You’ll be able to collect and use power-ups from item boxes, with each ride being a new experience. In the future, Universal Studios Japan is planning a Donkey Kong-themed expansion, but for now, the park is going to focus their efforts on making Super Nintendo World a safe and enjoyable experience, even at just 50% capacity.
- Players must defeat enemies in flipping, shaking and balancing challenges when they add this action-packed Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (71369) to the LEGO Super Mario Starter Course
- This LEGO Super Mario kids’ toy building set features Bowser, Dry Bones, Boo and Lava Bubble figures, plus castle towers with rotating and shaking platforms, a Question Block and Time Block and more for thrilling gameplay
- Kids will love battling the final boss Bowser, stomping on the flippers with LEGO Mario (figure not included) to raise Bowser’s arms and get to the Time Block and Question Block, then shaking the bridge until he falls over
- An awesome birthday or holiday gift toy for kids aged 8 and up, this 1,010-piece LEGO building set inspires youngsters to create their own unique levels to add to their Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360)
- Measuring over 9” (23cm) high, 18.5” (47cm) wide and 13.5” (34cm) deep in its basic formation, this set can be rebuilt and combined with the Starter Course and other LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets in many ways
Japan's #SuperNintendoWorld will open on Feb. 4, 2021 in Osaka.@rumireports gets a world’s first look at @USJ_Official's real-life #Mario Kart. More: https://t.co/T9nUMnB1UB #任天堂 pic.twitter.com/oZku1gwQTj
— Bloomberg Quicktake (@Quicktake) November 30, 2020