The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series was teased in a video featuring Shmee150, but today, the automaker officially revealed the supercar. Powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 generating 730 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque, mated to a reinforced AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7G dual clutch transmission, enabling it to hit 60 mph in 3.1 seconds, while topping out at 202 mph. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Inspired by the AMG GT3 and AMG GT4 racing cars, the GT Black Series features a carbon-fiber front splitter with two manually adjustable settings (Street and Race – Race exclusively for use on racetracks) that can be adapted to meet various track requirements. When in race mode, a front diffuser in the shape of a reversed wing profile is then created under the front section. Inside, you’ll find two displays – a 12.3 inch screen in front of the driver and a 10.25-inch multimedia monitor on the center console. There’s no word yet on pricing, but it should hit showrooms in early 2021.
- This spectacular toy playset featuring a brilliantly detailed Ferrari F8 Tributo is an ideal gift for those with a passion for building LEGO replica model cars and using them to stage their own races
- Includes a building kit of a Ferrari F8 Tributo model and 1 collectible Ferrari racing driver minifigure
- The first ever opportunity to build a car toy replica of the super-fast Ferrari F8 Tributo, which kids can display home or use to have exciting races with their friends!
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari model car kit offers endless build-and-play racing fun and makes an action-packed holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kid ages 8+ who love Ferraris, model cars, racecars and racing toys
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo measures 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide: all 2020 LEGO Speed Champions are 25% bigger, meaning the toy model cars reflect the real-life versions better than ever before!
The new GT Black Series is our latest automotive highlight and continues a tradition established in 2006. The sixth version of its kind is another AMG milestone and impressive proof of the incredible development expertise in Affalterbach. I am proud of the team who have created a unique super sports car, which now represents the absolute peak of our successful GT family. The performance, looks and driving dynamics of the GT Black Series are second to none. This project was a fantastic end to my work at AMG, for which I am truly thankful,” said Tobias Moers, Chairman of the Board at Mercedes-AMG GmbH.