Lee Sang-Won used 3D-printers, along with his expert model building skills, to create a miniature 2021 Kia Sorento. The automaker helped out tremendously by giving him access to CAD models of the new SUV to accurately recreate the body structure. Adding to the authenticity, there are functional LED headlights, turn signals, and even taillights. Read more for a video and additional pictures.
All of these lights are remote controlled, while the interior boasts more lights behind the instrument panel and infotainment display. Photoshop was used to creates intricate decals for the buttons inside and Kia helped out by supplying small metal versions of its emblem. The section that took him the longest? Most definitely the dashboard, which required cutting tiny pieces of masking tape to ensure the colors didn’t get mismatched during painting.
- The X-Max with pioneered creation of two different ways for placing the filament. Ventilative printing or enclosed constant temperature printing for you to choose when printing the different types of filament.
- 5-inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Build size: 300mm x 250mm x 300mm / 11.8" x 9.8" x 11.8"
- Full metal support more stable than plastic support;Aviation aluminum, CNC machining aluminum alloy
- QIDI TECH Professional Amazon after-service team,if you have any problem about our 3d printer,we will reply to you within 24 hours.Free one-year warranty.