Whether it be for Halloween or just any other special occasion, looking like someone else just became a lot more creepy, thanks to Japan-based Kamenya Omoto. This store specializes in masks and is actually paying Tokyo residents $380 USD for their faces. The only catch is that you’ll remain anonymous and they’ll create a hyper-realistic, 3D-printed version of your face to sell to anyone for $750 USD. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Let’s face it, some faces will be more popular than others, and if yours just happens to be one of them, Kamenya Omoto will share a percentage of the profits. One caveat: this project, officially called “That Face,” is limited to those who live in Tokyo aged 20-years or older.
- Self-developed Silent Motherboard: The Ender-3 V2 built-in self-developed silent motherboard, which has stronger anti-interference, faster and more stable motion performance, silent printing and low decibel operation.
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply: Equipped with MeanWell power supply, produced by the listed company with mature technology, meeting all the needs of fast heating and long-time printing. Moreover, the power supply is concealed in the machine, making it much safer.
- Effortless Filament Feed-in: Ender-3 V2 adds a rotary knob on the extruder, making loading and feeding filament process much easier; Brand new operation UI system and 4.3" smart color screen greatly improve user experience.
- Resume Printing Function: Can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages, saving your time and reducing waste.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer.
This is the face of a real man in his thirties who lives in Tokyo. ‘That face’ is a project to duplicate and sell the face of a real person. This is the face of Kamenya Omote Shuhei.
It is manufactured at a ratio of 105% of the actual size so that anyone can easily wear it. Comes with a rubber strap for mounting,” said the store.