Belgium-based software and 3D printing company Materialise wants to stop the spread of COVID-19, starting with its new 3D printed hands-free door opener. The plans are free for anyone to use, and enables one to open or close doors using just their arm, thus eliminating the need for direct contact with handles. Read more for two videos and additional information.
By making the design available for free online, it can be made with 3D printers everywhere around the world in a matter of hours. It attaches to existing door handles without having to drill holes or replace the current handle. This paddle-shaped extension works exactly as it looks, with a simple arm movement.
- 9.25'' Larger LCD Screen : ANYCUBIC Photon mono X 6k 3d printer is equipped with a 9.25inch monochrome screen, which is 138% larger than a normal 6-inch screen. The monochromatic screen lasts 4X longer than the RGB LCD screen, and a special replaceable scratch-resistant film is added above the screen to save your maintenance costs.
- Achieve Larger Print Volume: The ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K Resin 3d printer can print up to 9.6 x 7.8 x 4.8 inches (HWD). The large volume can print large-size models or multiple models at one time, effectively improving your work efficiency.
- High Precision & High Resolution: The Photon Mono X 6K LCD screen has a high resolution of 5,760 x 3,600 px and a contrast ratio of over 350, which can fully express the details of the character model's hair, fingers and so on. 40 bright LED lights arranged in a matrix provide intense and uniform exposure in each layer of print, improving print quality and accuracy.
- Ultra-Fast Printing: The max printing speed of ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X 6K 3d printer is 3.15 in/h. With a 6% light transmittance screen, the fastest printing speed of the printer can reach 1s/layer, saving you half of the time than other regular resin 3d printer and reduces costs.
- Compatible Resin & Power Adjustment: The UV lamp power adjustment range is 30%-100%, which can support the use of more types of resin printing materials to meet your more printing needs. In addition, adjusting the light power appropriately can extend the lifespan of both the screen and light significantly.
Help do your part to minimize risky contact by opening doors with arms, ideally covered by sleeves. Download a design file for free to print from home or order the print through your local 3D printing factory,” said the company.