Belgium-based software and 3D printing company Materialise wants to stop the spread of COVID-19, starting with its new 3D printed hands-free door opener. The plans are free for anyone to use, and enables one to open or close doors using just their arm, thus eliminating the need for direct contact with handles. Read more for two videos and additional information.
By making the design available for free online, it can be made with 3D printers everywhere around the world in a matter of hours. It attaches to existing door handles without having to drill holes or replace the current handle. This paddle-shaped extension works exactly as it looks, with a simple arm movement.
- Great starter 3D Printer, Super easy to setup since it comes almost entirely preassembled, come with all the proper tools to get started, and just a single grub screw to level instead of having to level each corner. Great introduction to 3D printing
- With the Dual Rails, No worry about Z wobble issue; The dual Z axis rail make the bed very stable, this helps with the movement and to make sure the bed does not shift in the middle of printing; Better choice for large x-y objects with super-fine details
- Upgraded LED Array, With the UV upgraded lighting, it makes the resolution and the accuracy in your printing that much better and tighter than any other 3d printer in its class. The pitting in the skin, the hair and the texture in the clothing all can shows up
- More Function, 1 Touch screen, offer a new-Level use experience 2 Sanded Aluminum platform, greatly enhance adhesion make it more stable during printing 3 Double air filtration system, effectively reduce the divergence of odor 4 CE Certified Power Supply
- Photon Owner's Group, On Facebook as the people there are very knowledgeable and love to help with issues; They are eager to give suggestions and advice for everyone to get the best of their Photon and photon S
Help do your part to minimize risky contact by opening doors with arms, ideally covered by sleeves. Download a design file for free to print from home or order the print through your local 3D printing factory,” said the company.