Amazon Game Studios partnered with Relentless Studios to reveal Crucible, a free-to-play PvP action shooter. It launches on Steam May 20th and is a multiplayer third-person hero shooter with multiple characters, whether it be robots, aliens, humans or even a cat. You can choose from ten different “hunters” and three different gameplay modes, with each character their own unique abilities as well as weapons. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Hunters collect Essence during matches, which enables them to level up, thus increasing their power and enhancing abilities. The Heart of Hives mode is PvP (Player vs Player) against a boss, or in other words two teams go up against one another and against giant Hive bosses. Harvester Command mode involves teams having to capture and hold specific locations to win. Lastly, Alpha Hunters mode consists of eight teams of two fighting to be the final team standing.
- System: Intel Core i7-9700F 8-Core 3.0 GHz (4.70 GHz Max Turbo) | 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM | 1TB HDD | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card | VR Ready | 1x DVI | 1x HDMI | 1x Display Port
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3 .0 | 2 x USB 2 .0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case | 802. 11AC Wi-Fi Included | 16 Color RGB Lighting Case | Free Gaming Keyboard & RGB Gaming Mouse | No Bloatware
- Warranty: 1 year parts & labor + free lifetime US tech support | Assembled in the U.S.A
In Crucible, every match is different, and players’ choices really matter. Every opponent, team, and mode poses unique dangers, and no two matches are the same, so players must constantly adapt to everything the world and the other teams throw at them. We’re excited for players to join the hunt in just a couple of weeks, and we can’t wait to hear what they think of it,” said Christoph Hartmann, vice president at Amazon Games.