Amazon’s new $2.5-billion headquarters will be located in Arlington, Virginia, and it’s called “The Helix”. This double helix-inspired workplace aims to offer various alternative work environments for their employees amidst lush gardens and flourishing trees native to the region, or a spiraling vertical forest of sorts. The complex will consist of three 22-story office towers, multiple smaller buildings, a 250-seat outdoor amphitheater, public green space, and the 350-foot Helix. Read more for additional pictures and information.
For convenience, several retail pavilions and restaurants will be located throughout the site. Other plans include a childcare center, dog run, and even a food truck area with a plethora of outdoor seating. Plus, a dedicated 20,000-square-foot community center will go to support educational initiatives and be flexible enough to accommodate everything from large community meetings to small classes as well as individual use.
- Build a detailed model of the London skyline, complete with 5 iconic landmarks This building set is sure to delight kids and adults alike as they recreate the famous London sites with cool model buildings and more
- London model features the National Gallery, Nelson’s Column, London Eye, Big Ben and Tower Bridge Includes collectible booklet containing information about the design, architecture and history of the famous landmarks
- This architectural model kit of the London skyline was developed for all with an interest in travel, architecture, building, culture, history, or design After you build the model, display it in your home or office for some great London décor
- The LEGO Architecture Skyline Collection opens a window to the most incredible cityscapes from around the globe LEGO Architecture models are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Iconic architecture set measures over 5-inch high, 11-inch wide and 3-inch deep 468 pieces This great London gift is perfect for adults and for boys and girls ages 12 and older
The publicly accessible spaces throughout the site will prioritize walkways, landscaping, and retail over motor vehicles. We plan to make a significant investment to move all vehicle access underground to foster a safe and welcoming pedestrian environment for everyone. Visitors and neighbors won’t see service vehicles crossing the new site as all deliveries and docking activity will happen underground, freeing up even more space for the community,” said Amazon.