Universal Studios Japan has finally lifted the embargo on Super Nintendo World, and to celebrate, we get to see two of its attractions – Yoshi’s Adventure and Mario Kart: Koopa’s Challegen – up close. If you hate spoilers or are planning to head there yourself in the near future, these videos should probably be skipped. It’s not yet open to the public, but Universal Park News Today managed to get access as a press outlet. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Mario Kart: Koopa’s Challenge has guests walk into Bowser’s Castle, and once in the queue, you’re greeted with countless game-themed items. This isn’t a normal attraction though, as each guest is given a pair of Mario hat-shaped AR goggles to wear during the ride as you’re introduced to the racers from Team Koopa and Team Mario. Since augmented reality objects cannot be shown properly on video, just know that all of the familiar characters and power-ups are there.
- Fans can begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with this Adventures with Mario Starter Course 71360, featuring 7 action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure
- LEGO Mario has a color sensor, plus LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display over 100 different instant reactions to movement; Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game
- In this super toy playset, LEGO Mario collects virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platforms, the Question Mark Block and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr
- This 231-piece, collectible LEGO toy playset makes a cool birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6+ who can build and play their own way and learn to solve problems while having lots of creative fun
- Rearrange the Starter Course and combine with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets to create more challenging levels and games to play with and against friends
Yoshi’s Adventure is aimed at younger children, where each group of guests ride in a different colored Yoshi to get an overview of the entire land. There’s also a flashback of Yoshi throughout its Nintendo history, including Baby Mario, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and more.
- Young builders can customize their LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course and Expansion Sets in limitless ways with this versatile Master Your Adventure Maker Set (71380)
- Includes LEGO toy figures of 4 iconic Super Mario enemy characters – Larry and a Goomba, Bob-omb and Koopa Paratroopa – to add to the play experience
- Features a Customization Machine, Customization Time Block and 2 Customization Item Blocks so players can choose their own rewards, plus a Special Pipe: Dash 30 for extra fun interactive play options
- The model kit includes a sliding platform and lots of LEGO elements to build new challenges and trigger different reactions in LEGO Mario (figure not included)
- This 366-piece LEGO building set makes a fun birthday or holiday gift toy for creative kids aged 6 and up to add to their Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360), required for interactive play
- Kids can create spinning, jumping challenges in a brick-built, poisonous Soda Jungle to add to their LEGO Super Mario Starter Course with this Piranha Plant Puzzling Challenge Expansion Set (71382)
- Includes LEGO toy figures of iconic Super Mario enemies – 2 Piranha Plants and a Spiny – for LEGO Mario (figure not included) to defeat
- Features a spinning carousel to knock the Piranha Plants out of the way and 3 red-coin blocks that offer players the chance to win big digital-coin rewards for jumping on all 3 within the time limit
- This 267-piece LEGO toy playset makes a fun birthday or holiday gift for creative kids aged 7 and up who own the Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360) which is required for interactive play
- This module measures over 3.5 in. (9 cm) high, 21 in. (8 cm) wide and 6.5 in. (16 cm) deep in its basic formation and can be rebuilt and combined with other LEGO Super Mario sets in multiple ways