When the NVIDIA RTX 3080 was released back in September, many AMD fans wondered if there would be competition, and today, it came in the form of the Radeon RX 6800 series. These Big Navi “RDNA 2” GPUs will be offered in the Radeon RX 6800 XT ($649) and the Radeon RX 6800 ($579) models. Both will have AMD’s Infinity Cache, a high-performance, last-level data cache suitable for 4K and 1440p gaming with the highest level of detail enabled, complete with 128 MB of on-die cache that drastically reduces latency and power consumption. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
For those opting for the higher-end RX 6800 XT, it offers 72 compute units, a 2,015MHz game clock, and 16GB of GDDR6 memory. It outperformed NVIDIA’s RTX 3080 in many 4K titles, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, partially thanks to a new “Rage Mode,” which is one-click overclocking to boost performance. Both cards have a length of 267mm and 2×8 standard 8-pin power connectors, compatible with enthusiast-class 650W-750W power supplies.
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
Today’s announcement is the culmination of years of R&D focused on bringing the best of AMD Radeon graphics to the enthusiast and ultra-enthusiast gaming markets, and represents a major evolution in PC gaming. The new AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT graphics cards deliver world class 4K and 1440p performance in major AAA titles, new levels of immersion with breathtaking life-like visuals, and must-have features that provide the ultimate gaming experiences. I can’t wait for gamers to get these incredible new graphics cards in their hands,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD.