Gamers have joked that the new Xbox Series X looks like a fridge, and what better way to prove their point than by building an actual life-sized 1:1 scale replica fridge modeled after the next-gen console? Microsoft did just that and a few lucky social media influencers / celebrities have already received one, but now, the company is giving this thing away. To enter the contest, simply follow the official Xbox Twitter account and retweet the giveaway tweet including the hashtag #XSXFridgeSweeps. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Microsoft values the fridge at $499, the same price as the Xbox Series X, but if they were to ever release a limited edition run of these in stores, we’d expect scalpers to swoop in and quickly inflate that price to three times the amount. There’s only one caveat: the Xbox team missed the chance to install a functional display on the door with an HDMI connection.
- Previous generation bundle includes: Xbox One S 1TB console, one Xbox Wireless Controller (with 3.5mm headset jack), HDMI cable (4K Capable), AC Power cable. 1 Month Xbox Game Pass trial, 14 Day Xbox Live Gold trial
- Play over 2,200 games including more than 200 exclusives and over 600 classics from Xbox 360 and Original Xbox. (Games sold separately.)
- Play with friends and family near and far sitting together on the sofa or around the world on Xbox Live, the fastest, most reliable gaming network
- Xbox One family settings let you choose privacy, screen time, and content limits for each member of the family.
- Watch 4K Blu ray movies; stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube, among others; and listen to music with Spotify
Within 7 days following the close of the Entry Period, Microsoft will randomly select and notify one (1) winner from among all eligible entries received. One winner will receive a custom Xbox Series X branded refrigerator (Approximate Retail Value $499), pending confirmation of eligibility. The refrigerator manufacturer and model to be determined soley by the Sponsor,” said Microsoft.