AMD’s Ryzen 9 5900X has been sold out for quite some time, but you can get one this weekend for $549 shipped. It’s touted as the world’s best gaming desktop processor with its 12 cores and 24 processing threads that can deliver elite 100+ FPS performance in the most popular games. Featuring a 19% IPC increase over the prior generation in PC workloads, the “Zen 3” architecture pushes gaming and content creation performance to a new level. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- The world's best gaming desktop processor, with 12 cores and 24 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Cooler not included, high-performance cooler recommended. Max Temperature- 90°C
- 4.8 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 70 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
For those who already have an AMD 500 series motherboard, it’s ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series desktop processors with a simple BIOS update. This would include more than one hundred AMD 500 series motherboards from all major motherboard manufacturers. This processor dominates in heavily threaded workloads and power efficiency, making it perfect for gaming or content creation.
Our commitment with each generation of our Ryzen processors has been to build the best PC processors in the world. The new AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors extend our leadership from IPC4, power efficiency to single-core, multi-core performance1 and gaming. Today, we are extremely proud to deliver what our community and customers have come to expect from Ryzen processors – dominant multi-core1 and single-core performance and true gaming leadership – all within a broad ecosystem of motherboards and chipsets that are drop-in ready for AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors,” said Saeid Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, client business unit, AMD.