Photo credit: iOS Beta News
Samsung’s Surround Display may not be the only innovation coming soon, as Apple could be already working on a next-generation iPhone with a foldable design. This is purely based on speculation due to some recently uncovered patent sketches, and if true, the display may use a flexible microLED panel rather than a traditional LCD or OLED screen. What many current iPhone users want Apple to add is a physical TouchID, which could double as a power button. Read more for a video and additional pictures.
No other details have been released, but it’s suggested the new handset would come standard with 256GB of internal storage as well as 8GB of RAM. Since no other Apple product makes use of a flexible display, it could be at least 2-years until we see any device that uses the technology, and maybe not even in a smartphone.
- Changing the shape of the future Galaxy Z Flip is an expansive new smartphone experience with completely reimagined compact engineering and revolutionary folding glass technology in your pocket
- From palm to pocket, Easy to fold easy to hold Galaxy Z Flip’s sleek Compact-Fold design flips closed for pocket-sized portability Slip the cell phone into a pocket or bag and go
- Beauty is in the hand of the beholder Galaxy Z Flip's unique folding form factor is enhanced with an impossible-to-ignore eye catching exterior in your choice of stunning hues
- Transform the way you capture Galaxy Z Flip’s breakthrough camera lets you shoot stream and connect hands-free from new angles With amped up night shots high-definition 4K video capture and wide-angle perspectives you can share your world whenever and wherever you are
- Bend your imagination Galaxy Z Flip's Infinity Flex Display is an immersive Dynamic AMOLED screen delivering incredible color quality With minimized bezels and no notch it's 6 7 inches of stunning cinematic viewing