Apple officially sent out invites for a product launch event on Oct. 13, where it’s expected to reveal the iPhone 12. It kicks off at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET and will be streamed online for all to see. The press invite says “Hi, Speed,” confirming that the rumors of 5G iPhones are most likely true, since 5G is a next-generation cellular network that promises faster data speeds for things such as downloading and streaming. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Cupertino company normally announces iPhones in September, but Apple previously warned that this year’s new iPhones would be delayed due to production delays related to the coronavirus. Apple is expected to announce four new iPhone 12 models this year, the iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. They’re expected to have new designs with sharper edges around the corners, very similar to the current iPad Pro.
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Large Retina OLED display
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
- Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance
As you know, last year we started selling new iPhones in September. This year, we project supply to be available a few weeks later,” said Apple CFO Luca Maestri warned of the postponement during Apple’s fiscal third-quarter earnings call in July.