Yes, the $699 Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit is real, and really do cost more than the new iPhone SE. They’re described as custom-designed stainless steel and rubber wheels that make sliding your Mac Pro out from under your desk or across your studio a breeze. Braille Skateboarding wanted to see how they’d perform on a real board, and the results are interesting to say the least. Read more for a video and additional information.
On paper, it sounds like a really good idea, because what can really go wrong when you mount a set of wheels that costs 4-times more than a good skateboard deck? Well, as you can see in the video above, the multi-directional wheels pose an issue when trying to even go down a ramp, much less perform tricks, like a kickflip.
- Put your Mac Pro on wheels with the Mac Pro Wheels Kit.
- The custom-designed stainless steel and rubber wheels make it easy to move your Mac Pro around, whether sliding it out from under your desk or across your studio.
- Installation required. A 1/4-inch to 4 mm hex bit is included, but additional tools are necessary. Replacing the Mac Pro feet with wheels adds approximately one inch to the height of the frame.
- Compatible with Mac Pro (current generation)
- Adds improved mobility to your Mac Pro